So you’ve just moved into your dream space, but after the major furniture and appliance purchases, now you’re running a little cash poor. Instead of buying finishing touches like side tables and nightstands, we’ve got just the DIYs to help you save money *and* make a statement. Scroll down for seven bold and bright DIY options that will dress up your new space.
1. Mid-Century With Storage: What do you get when you mix a cake pan, some paint, and a few pieces of wood? A very stylish table that’s surprisingly easy to create. We love the gold and peach color choices on this beauty. (via Sugar and Cloth)
2. Two-Tiered and Pastel: We’re heart eyes over any DIY makeover that takes a run-down two-tiered side table and turns it into the centerpiece of a fresh and beachy space. (via A Kailo Chic Life)
3. Chopping Board Conversion: For fans of clean and simple, this IKEA chopping board-turned-side table is a big winner. The style is incredibly versatile and could work as a nightstand or patio table. (via Enthralling Gumption)
4. Modern Block Style: Revamp boring and outdated block tables (like those you often find at flea markets or thrift stores) with a modern geometric twist. This one’s spiffed up with contact paper that adds a trendy and eclectic feel. (via Hello Lidy)
5. Gilded Side Table: We’ve coveted West Elm’s beautiful and best-selling Martini Side Table for ages, but who’d have guessed that this golden gem of a table was so easy to dupe? Check out our DIY for a major living room upgrade. (via Brit + Co)
6. IKEA Hack: A black and white nightstand or side table beats out a bland unfinished one any day of the week. All it takes is a few hours, a fresh coat of paint, and some gumption. (via My Domaine)
7. Minimalist Magic: Mid-century is definitely having its moment. But if you’re more of a purist with minimalist decor, this nightstand will likely be your speed. A coat of varnish will keep the unfinished look fresh for years to come. (via Burkatron)
Which DIY are you doing first?